Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who live in the midwest, The Ozark Mountain Super Shifters will be at Midstate Dragway in Havana Illinois, on June 14. If you like high rmp, gear jamming, wheel standing action the way it used to be, then come check 'em out.

P.s. there are several novas that run with this group!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
For those of you who live in the midwest, The Ozark Mountain Super Shifters will be at Midstate Dragway in Havana Illinois, on June 14. If you like high rmp, gear jamming, wheel standing action the way it used to be, then come check 'em out.

P.s. there are several novas that run with this group!
Nice! I wish I could be there. Welcome to the site.
Could you post some pictures of your car in action?
There are some stick shift racers on this site that love this stuff.
Cheers,
Bill

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
yup. post pics. nothing more fun than some stickshift drag racing

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good. I will try to post some videos asap! I'm not real good at that though. We do have some good pics on our website www.ozarkmountainsupershifters.com. Sorry no videos though. Looks like some of you guys have some great looking Novas. Ours is a 63 that we named Lil Hu$tler II after my dads first car. We're still working the bugs out but it will put it on the back bumper on a good day.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm very familiar with the OMSS site as well as UMTR and Classic Gear Jammers. Wish there was a stick shift organization in my part of the country. I've considered several times trailering to one of the CGJ races or OMSS events, I'll bet the wheels up action is awesome.

BTW, welcome to the site, folks here are very helpfull !

ND

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We would love to have you at one of our races! The Super Shifters are a great organization to race with. Its like racing with your family. And your right, there is a lot of wheels up action, along with some cars that dip deep into the mid 7s in the quarter mile. Its a pretty diverse group. What kind of car do you have?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
aron69nova, they're speaking your language.
Yeah, they are. Unfortunately my language is going in the same direction as Latin did. I do plan on sticking with a stick for as long as I am able. Rowing through the gears and dumping the clutch off the line is something I can't see myself NOT doing down the quarter mile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts