Chevy Nova Forum banner

Stereo Update! A few pics for you guys.

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Little Red Wagon! 
#1 ·
I made a few enhancements to the stereo. New vinyl, updated brackets, etc. Here's a few pics if you guys are interested. In the trunk you'll find (x2) 12" Rockford Power DVC's, (x2) Punch 400.2's powering the speakers, (x2) Punch 1000.2's powering the subs and a 3Sixty.2 Signal processor.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys, my next task is foaming the trunk lid. I'm pretty nervous about that one. I've read lots of horror stories but luckily they all came with tips on what not to do.

Amazingly, the car has zero rattles except the trunk lid when closed. We'll see how it goes! :eek:

#7 ·
The reverberation between the two trunk panels causes an extremely offensive rattle. I'm sure you've heard the sound with loud subs in crappy cars. You can sort of fix it with some dynamat stuffed between the panels but if you really want to eliminate the rattle you'll need to spray some expanding foam into the lid. You'll definitely want to avoid the SUPER expanding stuff since it can pop the panels out if you over do it.

Obviously I want to keep the install clean so I'll have to be real careful when applying. I'll probably top it off with some sort of liner panel on the inside of the lid to hid the holes.

#13 ·
Oh man that look's like one nice set up you got there. My son is trying to talk me into swaping his system(like your's)in to the wagon. I am considering it. Since I have listen to his. And that darn thing thump's pretty dam good. It's not no real high dollar sytem, but it will do the trick.........of making you go deaf. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.