Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go I have had tons on people ask me to start a step by step ls swap into a 2nd gen nova thread. So subscribe as I it will be together by the weekend.:yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
I got my '62 started last weekend after 3 years and it was sweet:yes:. I should have taken more pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I vote we keep this thread as a tech thread only. It will be easier for everyone to follow if we leave out all the comments initially. I suggest keep the questions to technical questions and make comments after the swap is complete.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
I agree Tom.......

but before it goes tech only, :devil: I just want to thank Chad for taking the time to do this thread. I am one of the people who had asked him to do a detailed how-to. So.....THANKS CHAD!!!!

I will for sure subscribe, cut, paste, copy, borrow, etc as much info from this thread as possible!!:devil:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
first day

Pulled old front end off

new drivetrain

in she goes

trans tunnel

tomorrow off to wiring the old girl!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Hey thats cheating :p . I want to see how you did the stock front clip one
I agree with Bob. :yes: Using an aftermarket subframe is cheating. :poke::rolleyes:

BUT... it will still be very informative to see what you do (step by step, remember?) with the wiring. This will help anyone doing any style of LS conversion.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast. You need to slow down and let some of us slow pokes catch up before you get another car swapped.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
What are you doing for a trans crossmember? I have a 4L60E in mine and made a crossmember. Is there a crossmember out there that someoen makes and do the man and autos use the same crossmember?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crossmember

I make them for the cars no one that I know of makes this item

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
today wiring 101

before

after(4hrs of chopping wires out)

pink wire ign orange bat blk grd

complete

home made headers

tomorrow start on the inside wiring,air intake,and hoses

·
Registered
931 Posts
wires and headers

The pink wires are combined thru the coil pack wires. Ls1 tech has all the diagrams for every year harness(all years differ).

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cleanser

Nothing my hotsy cant take care of(I am taking to long it is starting to get dusty):yes::yes:

·
Registered
397 Posts
The pink wires are combined thru the coil pack wires. Ls1 tech has all the diagrams for every year harness(all years differ). The headers I do sell now 550 for the pair and they are WAAAAY better then the junk from Street and Performance.
What material are the headers? 1-3/4" tubes and 3" collectors?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts