Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a steering wheel on my 66 that I know isnt original for that year but would like to use the center cap and horrn ring from it. The horn ring looks like a 65 style and the centercap has Red SS over a black center (not sure what year or if it is originally off a nova. I would post pictures if I could) It looks like the SS emblem on my grill. My question is would a 65 steering wheel fit my 66 column and steering shaft? The one that is on it now has a 1/2" gap between the steering column and wheel.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I just went through the same thing with my 66..I ended up going all original. It made everything so much easier. I bought my horn ring, and the guy that had it before the guy I bought it from, tried to JB weld the center cap on, just because it had SS on it. The center caps from the 62-65's are different from the 66. They mount different. The 66 center cap mounting springs are at 6-12 possition, and the 62-65's are at the 3-9 possition. If you need details of the 66 original steering wheel...PM me And I'll send you some photos............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts