Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to improve the drivability of my 63 Nova SS while retaining the stock 6 cylinder & Powerglide drivetrain. I like the Church Brothers steering kit but it will not work with 6 cylinder per their website. Any suggestions or anyone stayed with their stock power train but upgraded their steering & suspension ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just doing the LCAs would be an improvement. If you want the R&P you’ll need to either modify the 6 oil pan or have someone else modify it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would like to improve the drivability of my 63 Nova SS while retaining the stock 6 cylinder & Powerglide drivetrain. I like the Church Brothers steering kit but it will not work with 6 cylinder per their website. Any suggestions or anyone stayed with their stock power train but upgraded their steering & suspension ?
I agree with 20miller12. Church boys lowers and sway bar to start. If you can't do the R & P, I would suggest the Borgeson ps box conversion. It's not hard. I'm waiting on my PS hoses to be made since the Borgeson ones are basically laying on my headers. But I did take it out of the garage to flip it around and it's a big difference, my wife is very happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just doing the LCAs would be an improvement. If you want the R&P you’ll need to either modify the 6 oil pan or have someone else modify it.
Thanks: I have really wanted to do the church Brothers but want to use the 6 cylinder for awhile until I get tired of it. Then be able to put an LS in it later possibly. Good advice that I could Modify the 6 cyl. oil pan. Appreciate it !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts