Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past winter I put a quick ratio AGR box in my '74, turned out it had a bad valve and they kindly sent me a replacement, which seems to be having the same problem. The box only has a 90 day warranty and I am looking to replace it with a steering rack this winter, hopefully by the end of Dec. I was just wondering what other people were running and the advice they had on steering racks. My car is a '74 with a small block and a regular 5qt oil pan (I believe some of the larger ones come over the front of the subframe, I'm not sure).

Also, to give you more direction on your advice, I'll give you an idea of the direction I'm going with my car. My goal is to have something that I can get in and drive on the street and take to shows, but also possibly autocross in once in a while (it looks like a lot of fun). I have disc brake conversion on all 4 corners and tubular control arms...I also have long tube headers (Will this come into play? They were a pain with the box).

Thanks for all your help.

P.S. I will not be buying anything else from AGR.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I had a rack from unisteer which work well. I had a bbc and was a hassle to install but it worked. I also had there type2 power steering pump. If you plan on ever switching to an ls motor then the rack will not fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts