Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT LINKAGE CAN I USE IN MY '62 :ragtop: WILL THE '63, '64, LINKAGE WORK? I NEED TO GET THIS OLD STUFF OUT! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
BIG D
you should be able to swap everything out for a "63 - '65 setup maybe a '66 or '67 too
schwabie

·
Registered
682 Posts
You can use the steering linkage (idler arm and bracket and centerlink) from any 63-67 that has the same power, or non-power, option that you have on your 62. You will need to drill a hole in the bottom of the subframe and get a new pitman arm (if it's non-power). You'll also need new inner and outer tie rod ends.

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
If you are looking for the pieces out of a 63'-67' car I have everything you needs sans the replaceable parts (tie rods, bushings, etc.) and will be in Torrance this weekend for a family event. PM if interested and we can meet up.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS GOOD PPL, I'M ON A MISSION NOW! :yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ANYBODY GOT A PIC EXACTLY WHERE THE HOLE GOES? :confused:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i have a couple assemblies here at the house Darnell in case the hook up in Torrance doesn't work out... scheduling, whatever...

i can probably tell ya where the hole is too if ya want... didja need me ta tell ya where ta stick it? :devil:

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Make a stencil out of a paper from the subframe from a 63-67 transfer to thin cardboard and center punch your marks glove up face shield on and get to it Mr..

Move it your burning a hole in the ground !!!

I say'd move it MR:D

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Make a stencil out of a paper from the subframe from a 63-67 transfer to thin cardboard and center punch your marks glove up face shield on and get to it Mr..

Move it your burning a hole in the ground !!!

I say'd move it MR:D
LMAO LOL!!! :rotfl:

yer a nut Joe! :yes: :rotfl:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a couple assemblies here at the house Darnell in case the hook up in Torrance doesn't work out... scheduling, whatever...

i can probably tell ya where the hole is too if ya want... didja need me ta tell ya where ta stick it? :devil:
WELL I GUESS I'M DUE FOR A TRIP UP THATA WAYS! :rolleyes:
GOT A FEW THINGS YOU MAY NEED TOO! DO YOU STILL NEED THE TRUNK PAN?
:confused:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OH AND JOE! W*T*H.......... :devil:

:cool:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
753 Posts
I think John has got to have a picture of every square inch of a 1st Gen Nova.:yes:

Usually with lines, arrows measurments etc.....

I hope that computer never crashes on you or that you have everything backed up twice!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
between two computer crashes and webshots going under i've lost thousands of images. multiple thousands :( i was fortunate to have the last go around recovered, i just haven't reloaded them yet...haven't yet picked up an external hard drive so i'm still at risk of losing again... all i have left available is the photobucket link in my siggy...

i used to have every square inch documented :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts