Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i HAVE TWO NICE COLUMNS. tILT AND FROM A 1986 CAPRICE AND FROM A 1982 CUTLASS. cAR DOESNT HAVE TILT BUT WOULD LIKE TO ADD IT. aNY IDEAS, tHANKS

·
Registered
265 Posts
i dont know if either of these columns would work in your 75... I think the closest column for you to use would be possibly a 2nd gen camaro column. Finding that column shouldnt be too hard. I could be wrong but thats my best guess. Id check with philip, hed know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me again

Thanks, I have a column shift in the nova and have put shifter in the floor. I have 3 cars that im parting out, a 80 cutlass non tilt floor shift column, a 82 cutlass tilt floor shift column, and a 86 caprice tilt column shift. I would like a tilt in the car and have these laying around and didnt know if I could use one.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
Depends on how much work you can do. Physically the column will bolt into your car. The floor plate from the Nova has to transferred to the later model column and the intermediate shaft from the later model will need to be used because the column is not splined but has a double D shape.
I used a tilt/telescopic from an 82 Eldorado and wired the head light dimmer on the column to work eliminating the floor switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts