Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
It goes between steering wheel and turn signal switch. (bearing)
Not beneath turn signal switch. :no:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It goes between steering wheel and turn signal switch. (bearing)
Not beneath turn signal switch. :no:
so just to clarify it goes under the steering wheel? If I do it that way then there is a 1/2 gap between the wheel and the column? Pretty sure it all was tighter before.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Assuming you have the steering wheel on correctly and tight, You can then tighten up that gap by loosening the under dash column clamp and slide the column up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Assuming you have the steering wheel on correctly and tight, You can then tighten up that gap by loosening the under dash column clamp and slide the column up.
I cant explain it well enough maybe. Thanks for the reply though, good to know at least I dont have all the parts in the wrong places. This is the second time ive done this (not counting a dissasembly for the gearbox rebuild I did) and it always went right together. I replaced the switch last year and put a ton of miles on the car, then one day the blinkers stopped working.:confused:

Just want to be sure im not gonna kill this switch next year.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
The gap between the steering wheel and the column is what I think your talking about. When you loosen the clamp and slide the column up towards the steering wheel the gap will be reduced because the wheel is attached to the non moveable shaft...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gap between the steering wheel and the column is what I think your talking about. When you loosen the clamp and slide the column up towards the steering wheel the gap will be reduced because the wheel is attached to the non moveable shaft...
Oh ok, that makes sense. :yes:
Must have done that wrong when I put the gearbox in.
Thanks for all the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts