Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my steering column back in my 62. It bolts up to the underside of the dash using a "U" shapped" mount. The trouble is, even when the bolts are fully tightened. it is still very loose. I must be missing some rubber mount spacer or something. There is at least an 1/8" of play in the mount. Does anyone have a photo of this mounting area or a factory drawing that shows how it goes together. My steering column is a Ididit. I think it is the same diameter as the factory column. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
Ron

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
If I remember correctly on my '63 there is a bracket that goes on top of the column as well as the strap that goes under.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Here is some pics of my 63 wagon. My did not have any rubber.

-Justin

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
If I remember correctly on my '63 there is a bracket that goes on top of the column as well as the strap that goes under.
That is right and you can just barely see it in the above pic.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

I guess I have to clean up the garage and find that missing part. Thanks for posting the photo. Thats the problem with having my car apart for so long (4 1/2 years now) I can't remember where everything goes:eek::eek::D
Ron

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Skullboy!

I have to stop working on the car this weekend and clean up the garage and go through all of my parts again. I keep running into these issues because everything has gotten scattered around. Thanks for posting the drawing.
Ron

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I've got a dozen boxe's filled with parts....And I'm almost done with my car:eek::eek::eek:....Not counting endless ziploc baggies marked ,,Heck..I even have stuff stored in Coffee cans.....Oh..And do what I do.......mark whats inside the boxes...much easier to keep track of thing..After 4 years...It might take you another 2 years, just to find what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
yep the spacer that goes between, has a tit sticking off that goes into the groove on the column to keep it from turning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
column mount

I am putting my steering column back in my 62. It bolts up to the underside of the dash using a "U" shapped" mount. The trouble is, even when the bolts are fully tightened. it is still very loose. I must be missing some rubber mount spacer or something. There is at least an 1/8" of play in the mount. Does anyone have a photo of this mounting area or a factory drawing that shows how it goes together. My steering column is a Ididit. I think it is the same diameter as the factory column. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
Ron
hey ron this pic shows all 3 pieces to mount the column , it might help in parts search .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts