Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good suggestion other then cbr rack conversion. My 66 box is sloppy And my Column isn’t the best I was thinking g of buying a after market column and maybe a new box. As I don’t think a rack conversion is in budget this yr. Has anyone used the flaming river quick ratio box or steering columns? Any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
I went with ididit for my column. Really nice piece. From my experience, only the cpp ps box will work with it tho.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Or the Chevette rack swap that's been done.:yes:

·
Registered
66 Nova SS
3,671 Posts
Anyone have a good suggestion other then cbr rack conversion. My 66 box is sloppy And my Column isn’t the best I was thinking g of buying a after market column and maybe a new box. As I don’t think a rack conversion is in budget this yr. Has anyone used the flaming river quick ratio box or steering columns? Any help would be appreciated thanks
I used the flaming column and the CPP quick ratio box on my 66 and it worked out well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not familiar with the CPP quick ratio box, but years ago I bought a quick ratio worm and rack from NNNova, and put it in my stock 67 box. I also have factory power steering. It was a nice upgrade for cheap. I had to rebuild the lower end of my stock 67 column as part of the swap but that was no big deal. I think the worm and rack was an optional setup for a C3 Corvette. The quicker ratio would require a lot of steering effort if no power.

Thing is those parts were hard to come by back then and are possibly impossible to find now.

Right now I'm considering whether to dump it or rebuild the stock power steering unit which as we all know is a POS. I would probably go with a CBR rack if I dumped it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not familiar with the CPP quick ratio box, but years ago I bought a quick ratio worm and rack from NNNova, and put it in my stock 67 box. I also have factory power steering. It was a nice upgrade for cheap. I had to rebuild the lower end of my stock 67 column as part of the swap but that was no big deal. I think the worm and rack was an optional setup for a C3 Corvette. The quicker ratio would require a lot of steering effort if no power.

Thing is those parts were hard to come by back then and are possibly impossible to find now.

Right now I'm considering whether to dump it or rebuild the stock power steering unit which as we all know is a POS. I would probably go with a CBR rack if I dumped it.
I have a 1966 manual steering box w/ Corvette quick ratio. I would consider pulling it off and selling if anyone is interested

·
6,497 Posts
I bought a remanufactured steering box last summer. Can't remember the company I got it from and don't have access to my invoices currently. There was no core charge and the price was better than the ones that require a core. It was a slightly faster steering ratio and I was really surprised how well the steering was with the new box. I had tried adjusting the two adjustments on the old box but couldn't get rid of the play in it. Combined with the CBR upper and lower control arms and their coil overs, the car drives and steers like it's right off the show room.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts