Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a complete set of disc breaks from a 98 Camaro for conversion in my 62 for when I get it changed to 5 lug. The guy I bought them from has a 71 nova subframe complete with all linkage spindles and steering box he said I could have. Can I just swap all this over to the 62 or what else will I need.

·
Registered
209 Posts
linkage interchange

No a 71 will not fit a 62. You need parts from a 64-67 Nova. Then you would need an adapter to make the 98 Camaro brakes work. By the time you try to retro fit the 98 brakes you can just buy the correct brake kit for the car.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
98-02 Camaro disc brakes aka LS brakes are a good swap but will require all the 5 lug hardware in order to do the conversion. Also, you’ll have to go to 17” wheels to run them..

The 1971 clip does not share any compatible components with the early 62-67 Nova. If you can fabricate, you might be able to work something out but the track width will be about 2” wider then your 62. You could sell the 71 clip and ad some money to your budget for the 62.. Could be a nice couple of bucks to put in your 62..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts