Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going through some old stuff and would like to know if this is anything special since it only has 4 rivets per blade? I can find 5 rivets but not 4.

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
Any part numbers or maker marks on it? Numbers are often on the blades.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any part numbers or maker marks on it? Numbers are often on the blades.
I searched again but here is nothing stamped anywhere. Seems like there should be.

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
GM was pretty bad at stamping numbers on parts, but I am used to seeing parts like this with at least a maker's mark or 4 digit partial. It may be period aftermarket. Ford stamped everything and Chrysler was pretty good with that as well, so probably not from those makes.

The mounting holes are elongated indicating adjustment or multi application. Not sure if GM ever did that. The OEM fans and spacers normally don't interchange between water pump designs. The bolt pattern varies and I believe that was done on purpose to prevent improper matching of components.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I started to wonder that myself. It will make good scrap!

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
Thanks. I started to wonder that myself. It will make good scrap!
It looks well made. I would be hesitant to scrap it just yet without some other opinion. You never know when you have a diamond in the rough. Cleaning out the garage when my step father passed, we found some NOS 1960s Ferrari hose clamps and an oil cooler off a 1971 Ford 351 Boss or CJ. Made absolutely no sense what so ever him having those parts. But we were taking the time to ID stuff before discarding it and it paid off. Good luck (y)

Reactions: kcmocarguy

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am helping a friend clean out an estate. We knew he was into Ford hot rods so when we found a fairly new shifter that wasn't a Hurst I figured maybe $25. With the help of someone here I discovered it was for '58-'62 GM cars with T-10. Worth a lot more. We also found a '34 Ford V8 grill, a banjo steering wheel, and a '32 grill insert. It all could have been thrown away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts