Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on the world news that Norwalk Ohio is in a state of emergency due to excessive flooding so if you had plans to go there for any racing at Norwalk Dragway you may want to call and see if the track is operational. Norwalk is not that big a town. RM

·
Registered
691 Posts
I live 40 mins from Norwalk, I "heard" the track is flooded but I'm not sure. I'm not going anywhere with 4ft of water in the basement. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have water in your basement and we are 12 inch below normal rainfall for the year. I hope you have no serious loses due to the water. Is it just me or does anyone else think we got some serious problems with the weather.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Downtown Norwalk is flooded. The track just got a bunch of rain and it drained off. Racing as normal for tonight and saturday. We'll be there with new brakes and electric shifter. OOOOOOHHHHHHHH, AAAAAHHHHHH. I know everyones impressed. I hate this electronic crap. I REALLY have to get the Nova finished so I can go feetbrakin. Dave

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't beleive you don't like the auto shifters we have today. When I built the Beretta I was not going to use any auto shift in it but my many racing buddies told me I would be stupid to not use one. After some debate I installed an electric shifter in it. From the first full pass I ever made in it I loved that shifter.......LOL. When you run 10s shifting the car is fun but once you start going faster than that I think having both hands on the wheel is just a better feeling plus you don't have to worry about shifting so you can do a better job watching where you're going.......LOL. Then the brakes we have are just a no brainer. The last time I used drum brakes was on the Nova my brother has now. I dropped a valve at Atlanta going through the lights at 7700 RPMs and it destroyed the entire engine, dumping oil and water under the tires. I decided to let it roll a little ways while I got control of things then when I did try to stop it the lack of motor drag to help slow it down caused me to not be able to stop the car........LOL. I made the turn at the end of the track at about 30 MPH being chased by the rescue staff and the fire trucks. I made it somehow but that was my last trip with drum brakes.......LOL. I think I got this old by being smarter than to not use the tools available......LOL. You just may not be old enough Dave.......LOL. Best of luck this W/E anyway. Joe McCoy

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
65 Post said:
Downtown Norwalk is flooded. The track just got a bunch of rain and it drained off. Racing as normal for tonight and saturday. We'll be there with new brakes and electric shifter. OOOOOOHHHHHHHH, AAAAAHHHHHH. I know everyones impressed. I hate this electronic crap. I REALLY have to get the Nova finished so I can go feetbrakin. Dave
For good measure put some Goodyear aquatreads to get down the track tonight. have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Well, the electric shifter was a big success. I still put my hand down out of procedure and then it shifts. Went three rounds and lost by .007 at the stripe. Thought I had the stripe and didn't. Oh well, next stop, Night Under Fire. The only four day, one day race. I guess last night got me a little ready for it. Lost in the third round, and was home by 4:30. The shifter is pretty cool. Let's me concentrate a bit more. Need to get the Nova finished, but that won't be till next year. Going to put a 9" in it as soon as my friend can weld in the tubes. Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts