Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
My original Delco Remy starter has been experiencing some heat soak so I decided to put in a Powermaster 9100 starter.
I disconnect 4 wires from the DR. 3 of the wires were where attached to the battery hookup is and the other 1 wire was attached to the "S" hookup.
[/IMG]

I have a couple questions.

1. Out of the 3 wires on the battery terminal I know one of the wires goes to the Battery but what are the other two wires for?
[/IMG]

2. The new PM starter has a tiny screw for the battery wire compared to the original DR, how am I suppose to hookup this huge wire?
[/IMG]

I hear starter installations are suppose to be a piece of cake but I want to make sure I do this right. Help is greatly appreciated.

Anthony

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,064 Posts
I have a couple questions.

1. Out of the 3 wires on the battery terminal I know one of the wires goes to the Battery but what are the other two wires for?
Those other wires connected to the same stud as the battery cable are to feed power to other parts of the electrical system. Basically the same thing as hooking them directly up to the + battery post. Just keep them connected the to the same stud as the battery cable on the new starter and you should be all set.

2. The new PM starter has a tiny screw for the battery wire compared to the original DR, how am I suppose to hookup this huge wire?
I think that tiny screw connector is the same as the "S" terminal on the old Delco starter.

The battery cable should be going to the large stud on the new starter ... the one where you have that white wire w/yellow terminal hooked up in your last pic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/IMG]

In this photo you can see the new PM starter solenoid has two studs and bolts. One of them has a black wire that connects to the starter, which wire do I hookup here the battery or starter switch wire?

·
Super Moderator
12,022 Posts
[/IMG]

In this photo you can see the new PM starter solenoid has two studs and bolts. One of them has a black wire that connects to the starter, which wire do I hookup here the battery or starter switch wire?
The 3 wires from the old starter go on the large stud without the black covered wire. The single wire from the old starter goes on the small square lug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts