Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Today I tired to fire up my 61 Nova for the first time since I installed the front clip. I can not get the starter to spin with the igntion switch. I can use a screw driver to jump the large batt post and the small S post on the silinoid and the starter engages and spins perfect. But no success with the switch.

I check voltage at the purple wire on the silinoid. NONE. I pulled the cannon plug on the ignition switch and I am getting 12 volts to a heavy pink wire.(maybe it was red)... So I tried jumping the wire with 12 volts to the purple wire and Nuthin!

I did remove the harness during the firewall repainting. And I did relocate the battery to the trunk and I do not have the lights hooked up yet as the fenders are still off.
As far as wires that is under the hood I only have 1 heavy grey wire that is going to the battery.

Does anyone have a clue on the possible problem?
Thanks
Eddie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its running...

After thinking about what all I have done to the cars factory wiring harness, I realized that when I installed the Ididit colum I failed to jump the purple wire that went to the nuetral safety switch:mad:...... I made a jumper wire and she spins like a top.....:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts