Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about buying a mini-starter to replace my huge starter currently in the car. Mine has the same length bolts, and are not staggered. Can I use a staggered mini-starter and use the different length bolts? I do not remember if mine had the bolt pattern on the block for the staggered starter. Do all blocks come with both? :confused:

I was thinking about buying this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-...s?hash=item27a9846327&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

thanks as always :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
THAT is a kick *** deal. Some years back I was buying those starters off ebay for $80 and reselling them here in NorCal for $120. Perfect starter for the 400 smallblock. BUT just some advice be careful some of those starters are not GM quality and have cheap parts inside that break easily. I sold one to a friend and it went bad so he took it to get rebuilt and the guy at the starter shop said it had cheap plastic parts inside. I don't know exactly what he was talking about. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I paid $75 for mine, but I believe he gets $90 now--comes with a sheet showing how much power the starter made, amp draw, etc.....a dyno sheet for your starter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts