1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Nice job on the mount. Too much heat up there where you mounted the fuel lines and regulator for my tastes though. I like to keep it as cool as possible unlike the General when he built these things. RM

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Real McCoy said:
Nice job on the mount. Too much heat up there where you mounted the fuel lines and regulator for my tastes though. I like to keep it as cool as possible unlike the General when he built these things. RM
Yeah, 6 of one, a 1/2 dozen of another. My electric fan will move some air across it, so hopefully that will help.

Ya know, I was thinking (that's dangerous sometimes :)). I could raise that mount up using a spacer similar to the one for the lower alternator mount bolt.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Might help to raise it with something that would reduce the heat transfer through the metal to the regulator? If you don't race it much it probably won't matter much anyway. JMHO, RM

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
If you race it then you may want to relocate it. You could do a return line to the tank? I recirculate in both the old cars and will in the new one as well. JMHO, RM

·
Registered
210 Posts
Jegs makes this handy bracket for a regulator and it bolts right on...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stout_todd/detail?.dir=2844&.dnm=17f3.jpg&.src=ph

...after I made bushings to raise it up enough to clear the valve covers, modified the inlet fuel fitting to keep from hitting the valve covers, and raised the air cleaner to keep from hitting the regulator and bought a cowl hood to clear the air cleaner...

Good luck!
Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts