Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda got a little bug in me last week and ordered all the parts needed to install the edelbrock 64cc heads i bought about 2 months ago...

pulled the heads off last night in just over 45 min. :D bout crapped myself when i tried to lift one of the heads off the block. didnt know they were that heavy!

should have the new ones installed tomarow, and then i need to measure pushrod length so i can get the right ones:cool:

cant wait for more power!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
cool yeah them stock cast iron heads are perrty heavy ive pooped a couple times taking them off of small blocks but man talk about a bad case of the runs taking them off a big block :eek: :eek: :eek::yes: :yes: :yes::D :D :D

good luck by the way hope to see you out at john force cruz on the 30th thats if your going im still up in the air about it too

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Yep, just try that with an iron head off a big block, you'll think to yourself all of a sudded "Those small block heads weren't that heavy" as you're shuffling back into your house, hunched over with a sharp pain in your lower back:D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I think more like 70-80lbs if I remember right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts