Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The more and more I put the car together, I got more and more mad at the painter. So I took off what I had on there and I am starting over. The flaws from the FLAKE first painter were coming through so bad i got P...... Off and I took it to the NEW painter and this is what he has done. (No picture of the crater in the hood.

Weather permitting it will be painted this week. I Should have went to him in the first place as it is costing me more MONEY now! The Old painter even screwd up my nephews car!

·
Registered
744 Posts
When I got my car done 5 years ago I had two shops give me bids. I had seen work from one but not the other. The shop who's work I had seen underbid the other by about $2300 so I went with him. After the fact, I've seen work by the second shop and have to live with the work of the first shop. Should have waited to see work from the other. I feel your pain but don't have the $$ to have it done over again, so I gotta live with it. It's not terrible, but it sure could have been a lot better.

Mark

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
A guy down the road just painted his 72 Nova a dark blue and that car had as many waves as the Pacific ocean both before and after the paint. I come back a week later and he got rid of that painter and had a Spanish guy repaint it black this time. Man that car is straight now. Good luck with the new guy and keep us posted.

·
Registered
313 Posts
man that really sucks!! Scares me cause my car has been at the painter for 3 weeks now and with my schedule I have not been able to see it. its suppost to snow tomorrow and Thursday,watch him call me to pick it up on one of those days:rolleyes:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Painters

Painters must smell too many fumes. Most of the long term painters I know are either drunks or in jail. One of them will be out next May after his ninth DUI. Maybe I need to look for different friends because I know there are some goods ones out there.
So I have a friend and he is young (twentyish) figured I would be safe if I started them young. He is good as his dad and brother. He is doing a 40 Ford pickup for me. He got it all done except the bed. It is a new bed so not much to do but block it and paint. He got a great job opportunity to go work for Charlie Hutton. I encouraged him to do that and figured I could get a hour here and there to finish up about a weeks work. That has been over a year now. He wants to finish my project but it has turned my energy in to mush and nothing has been done on the pickup for over a year now. I admit that I have a tendency to get way-layed with other projects. My wife bought her a nice 62 Vert in September and I'm having fun working on it. I can't leave anything alone. It did need some attention to a couple areas to make it safe for her and I have a thing about making everything nice. :eek:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rebob

To Rebob: my nephews car is far worse then mine. He did not even clean the buffing compound of the car when they picked it up.

Spots on the trunk where you could see a ring underneath the paint which was a spot he was working on (not enough color laid or maybe no primer).

The clear on the top side of the car looks as dry as the Mohave desert in the summer. Also when he cleared it he painted the red then cleared. Then painted the Rootbeer and cleared it so you have a tape line. Most normal people lay the 2 colors then clear the whole car.

Typical flake painter missed most of the bottom of the rocker panel with no paint.

Then lied to the kid and his mom "I am painting it in a booth" that is funny then why is the red and rootbeer color on the cement driveway of your house!

I have seen the work from the guy painting my 70 so hopefully my will come out just as nice. I myself have not seen anywork from of the new painter of my nephews car.

Thanks for all the replies to all above. You are all right, Painters are flakes and have smelled way to many paint fumes in there day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts