Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In '72 was the "standard" interior available on a SS car?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I believe my 72 SS has a standard interior. When it gets back from the shop (hopefully this weekend) I'll take some good shots of the interior and post them for you.

-Dave

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
As far as I know (from learning here on this site!!!!), a bench seat car came with standard interior, and a bucket seat car came with deluxe interior. It had nothing to do with it being an SS.

Randy (check novaresource.com);)

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
72GreenRally said:
As far as I know (from learning here on this site!!!!), a bench seat car came with standard interior, and a bucket seat car came with deluxe interior. It had nothing to do with it being an SS.

Randy (check novaresource.com);)
I think you are exactly right.

What happens is you see all these restored SS cars these days with the deluxe interior (standard is not available in repro parts), and just assume they came that a way.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Deluxe or Standard...

Most bucket seat interiors you see are custom but the black or white std vinyl was available on buckets in 1972..you could also have custom interior with a bench seat in vinyl and cloth. The std. interior would have the rubber mat, plain vinyl or cloth seat covers, plain door panels,std seat belts, etc.

wilma

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The trick for standard interior owners is to contact SMS in Oregon and buy the standard material, then have the seat covers made by the upholstery shop. It costs a little more, but it's well worth it in the end - especially when you don't have to keep answering the questions as to why your interior doesn't match your trim tag :p
M

·
Registered
135 Posts
WILMASBOYL78 said:
Most bucket seat interiors you see are custom but the black or white std vinyl was available on buckets in 1972..you could also have custom interior with a bench seat in vinyl and cloth. The std. interior would have the rubber mat, plain vinyl or cloth seat covers, plain door panels,std seat belts, etc.

wilma
Very interesting Tom. Thanks for sharing that. I guess my car checks out to be a standard interior 72 SS. It has rubber floor mats, bench seat with plain black vinyl, plain door panels, but the 3 piece seat-belt system. The car is expected to come back from the shop this week. I'll try to post to interior shots for you guys.

-Dave

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tom. Its the AV3 option. 3PT Belt System - As listed on my build sheet. It could very well be a standard safety option, although I am not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts