Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I have a 2004r trans with a 2200 stall i am going to rebuilt the trans and i would like to put a bigger stall in ..So what should i go to as in bigger ,, I was thinking a 2800 3000 , is this to big,,, 396 stroked sbc, 411 gear . 12 bolt,

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I guess thats the way to go is custom thanks for the help
Sounds like an off the shelf converter will work just fine for you. Usually about 500 rpms over the start of your power range. Mine is 2800-6500 so a 3300 stall which I would put a 3500 stall for mine, but I did have a custom stall built for mine and it is a 4100 stall.

After rereading your first post and as mentioned a custom tailored stall would work good for you. I did run a TCI 3500 in my last 406 and the car worked really good on the track and on the street. I noticed you have a 396 stroker and 411 gear so yeah a custom stall to get all of the power out of it would be a plus. I run a 383 stroker and just installed some 4.10 gears and an Eaton posi along with Moser 30 spline axles about two weeks ago and I love it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I dont have anything technical to ad to this but by brother in law built a camaro with some hot cam and compression combo and kept his basically stock th350 and converter and that car sux to drive. So its good that you are asking some questions and putting in a little effort on the research.

When I put my 700R4 in I ordered some stuff including my converter from Bowtie Overdrives. The guy on the phone couldnt have been any nicer and was very knowledgeable. I gave him my cam numbers and he recommended a stall for how I was going to be using the car. They build their own converters also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts