Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a 71 Nova 2 door since new and thinking of adding stainless trim around door and rear windows. They are available new from at least one catalog, question is how do they attach and how difficult is it?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
if they are like a 73 there are some tabs that extend up into the window channel the get screws and clips that goes on the trim and the post. not too hard just be careful with the clip.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Well...

They are aluminum and very soft. Yes, they are easy to install, but some gookempucky under them really helps. The tabs bend over to lock them on, but you want to be careful to bend not dent as you install them. By the way, the fit is not perfect, but is workable.
I have to ask, if you have owned it from new, why change it? They are good looking cars either way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have owned a 71 Nova 2 door since new and thinking of adding stainless trim around door and rear windows. They are available new from at least one catalog, question is how do they attach and how difficult is it?
I have a 71 also and thinking of doing the same thing. Is there painted trim that needs removed first or does the stainless go over the painted?

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Part here, not there

The door pieces wrap over the door window frame, but on the quarter window, the painted pieces need do be removed. Trick is, the attachment points are under the top to back fuzzies. The B pillar piece is easy, but hat some pukky holding it in place. It's not really a tough job, but can be a pita.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts