Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you St Louis/St Charles area guys know if and where there are any gas stations selling race gas? I know the Express Mart in Lake St Louis used to sell it - but I think they changed owners so I dont know any more. Anywhere else?

·
6,502 Posts
I think there is a station still selling it off of highway 55 and Butler Hill on Lemay Ferry. Get off of 55 onto Butler Hill, go east 1 mile to Lemay Ferry, turn right and go south about an eigth of a mile and it's the station on the left/east side across from the funeral parlor. They used to have a posted street sign with the price.
If all else fails try calling Rob Wagner at Perfomance Autobody in Kimmswick 636-464-4686. He used to race and one of his employees is still running a chevy 2 at the track. Also try calling and talking to one of the guys at Jeffer's pro cars off highway 30 south of highway M.

Jim

·
Registered
819 Posts
110 octane

I 55-70 Eastbound to Black Lane exit in IL. Take Black Lane to the stop light turn right about 1/8 mile. Actually Collinsville Il next to Cahokia Mounds State Park. Citgo gas station. Has 110 Octane. About 11 miles from Downtown St. Louis. Will only let you fill in a container or a car on a trailer. Most of the guys stop here on the way to Gateway race track in Madison, IL. Good smelling stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think Bier Brothers is the closest option for me right now.... The station at Lake St Louis is closed - I went by there today. The Citgo on Hwy 61 in Moscow Mills has race fuel but I had the wifes car and no gas can when I was up there today. It was $4.59/gal
MarkM68 said:
Bier Brothers in O'fallon sells the good stuff.

There's a gas station off of Highway A and lake st. louis that sells 100 octane. Not sure how good that stuff is though.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Would it be cheaper by the barrel? Storage is the only problem, the insurance company might :eek: I know when I ran methanol on the street I used to buy it from Kangaroo in Pacific and when I got it home I always kept it covered so the nieghbors could not see it. Anybody know what happened to that guy in Pacific?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At $5.50/gal for 110 octane I don't think I want a barrel of it.......I talked to the guy at Bier Bros. today and he said for what I want I could just mix some 110 with premium pump gas. So I'm going back there after 5 gal tomorrow. It's like 3 miles from the house...

A

·
0 Posts
Custom Jim said:
I think there is a station still selling it off of highway 55 and Butler Hill on Lemay Ferry. Get off of 55 onto Butler Hill, go east 1 mile to Lemay Ferry, turn right and go south about an eigth of a mile and it's the station on the left/east side across from the funeral parlor. They used to have a posted street sign with the price.
If all else fails try calling Rob Wagner at Perfomance Autobody in Kimmswick 636-464-4686. He used to race and one of his employees is still running a chevy 2 at the track. Also try calling and talking to one of the guys at Jeffer's pro cars off highway 30 south of highway M.

Jim
Hey Jim....The McDonald's truck stop at Pevely also sells the higher octane stuff. I think lot of the dirt track racers buy in there.
Speaking of mixing the higher octane with regular gas......what's a good ratio?
AG

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They told me I could do 2 gallons per 10 - so I put 2.5 gallons in a full 16 gallon tank....

·
6,502 Posts
americangraffiti said:
Hey Jim....The McDonald's truck stop at Pevely also sells the higher octane stuff. I think lot of the dirt track racers buy in there.
Speaking of mixing the higher octane with regular gas......what's a good ratio?
AG
Thanks for the heads up.

I got a call the other day about the World of Outlaws show at the Pevely circle track on July 8th. A buddy of mine gets a bunch of tickets and if you want one let me know. He normally gets about 50 tickets or so and normally he has spares that at the last minute gets rid of at the gate.
We've been going to the one there instead of the one in Tri-City for the last few years. Last year another buddy of mine, Terry that works at A1 Hardwoods on the service road in Arnold took a small mobile home and had some tent setups for in the pits to where we could get there in the afternoon, do some cookin and drinkin and got to do a lot of BS & socializing. Dan's dad, Ray Eby has gone with us and he's an old roundy round racer and is always good for some old stories. He used to run there and also did a race or two in Florida on the beaches.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts