Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know what i need for exterior/ interior to make my 77 nova a ss clone? pictures of an ss would be great if anyone has some.

thanks dan

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Well first, there was no SS in 1977 or 1978.

As for 1975 and 1976, the only exterior difference was the grille. 1975 used a black standard grille while the 1976 used a unique diamond-pattern grille. Otherwise the exterior was the same:

Exterior:
- Lower body dual stripes (one narrow and one wide stripe, only narrow stripe goes over wheel openings) - available in 5 colors: silver, red, gold, black and white
- "Nova SS" decals on front fenders and rear end panel (delete "Nova" or "Nova Custom" from front fender side)
- Black paint treatment on side window frame moldings and "B" pilar louvers (painting of underside of roof drip molding and belt line below windows deleted)
- "Nova SS" nameplate in center of grille (delete bow-tie emblem)
- Black finished headlamp bezels with bright perimeter molding
- Bright roof drip moldings
- Black painted sport mirrors

Interior:
- 4-spoke sport steering wheel with "SS" emblem on shroud

Note: bucket seats and floor console were optional. Most Super Sports did have both but they were not standard equipment on the SS.

Chassis:
- F40 Heavy duty suspension (F41 Sport suspension optional)
- Rally wheels 14x6 (argent) with specific center hub and added P06 trim ring (14x7 Rally wheels when F41 Sport suspension or radial tires ordered)

1975:

1976:

Check out Don Coffman's website about his 1976 SS restoration for more pics:
http://www.sonic.net/bbdon/features/disco/index.htm

Steering wheel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts