Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently I have the Nova Custom rear trim panel on my '71, I installed this many years ago and had to drill four holes in the body for the mounting studs.

First question: Are the mounting studs for both panels (Custom and SS) in the exact same locations, thereby allowing the same holes to be used for mounting?

Second question: Will the SS style panel fit without drilling additional holes in the body for clearance of the SS emblem studs? I know that the emblem is attached to the panel via two studs, but are those studs short enough to not interfere with mounting of the panel, or do the emblem studs require additional access holes in the body to pass through the body and fasten inside the trunk like the four panel studs do?

Both my current Custom panel and the SS style panel that I am considering are from Trim Parts, which I believe makes them exactly the same way as the stock pieces were.

·
14,584 Posts
The emblem studs do not need additional holes to clear. As for the other holes they should be the same on either panel.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. :)

It sounds like there should be no issues if I decide to do the swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts