Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PUI makes an SS-style rear seat, but the middle stripe is not in white, only the same color as the rest of the seat. I want a proper SS rear seat with the vertical white stripe for my 1967 wagon. The question is how to best go about this? Should I purchase a standard HT SS rear seat cover and re-cut and sew back together to fit the bottom and top for a wagon, or do I buy the repro SS wagon rear seat cover that does not come with the central stripe in white, cut it out and sew in a white stripe? If option two, where do I get a white stripe with the proper dielectric embossing? I'm guessing the first way is the best option, but having never done it and without the seats to compare, I'm not sure if I will be short on material in one area of the seat.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,869 Posts
Maybe Walt can go to bat for you. Very cool idea bro, good luck !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did ask a lady at PUI, but she didn't know. She was going to ask someone else on my behalf. I haven't heard back, so thought I'd go to the experts on SNS. She did say they get a lot of requests for wagon panels/seat covers with the SS stripe in white, but their machines apparently can't make them that way, or else they would do it.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Im not up on 2nd gen cars but did they make a 67 SS wagon? I wouldnt recommend taking one apart to add the white section vinyl is hard to reuse. I think wagon rear seats are to different from a coupe to alter and again vinyl isnt easy to reuse.

Why not have a shop make you a rear seat cover to match the front?

What are you using on the front and what front seats are you using?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a pair of 67 SS buckets for the front.

As far as I know based on the obvious is the wagon and moredoor rear bottom seat cushion has rounded corners, so I'm GUESSING (don't know for sure) all I need to do is remove material in the corners and stitch back together. But I don't know. Maybe the embossed pattern falls in a different place. As for the seat back attached to the fold down metal backing, I have no clue. I need to compare measurements with someone's SS, I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I've got a pair of 67 SS buckets for the front.

As far as I know based on the obvious is the wagon and moredoor rear bottom seat cushion has rounded corners, so I'm GUESSING (don't know for sure) all I need to do is remove material in the corners and stitch back together. But I don't know. Maybe the embossed pattern falls in a different place. As for the seat back attached to the fold down metal backing, I have no clue. I need to compare measurements with someone's SS, I guess.
Yea your better off having a rear cover made to match your front buckets. The welting lines will be off on the seats its not going to be very easy to reuse and alter a pre-made cover.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's too obvious. Will it cover red well and hold up? Sure would make life simple.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I did this same thing for my wagon. I had a factory SS rear seat taken apart by the seat upolsters and they custom did it. Wish I had the car done I would show ya it!! Have SS console and buckets to.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Slab, Any issues that you know of, or did the upholstery shop say it was a snap?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts