Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Beautiful pic with the background of leaves changing color. Is that an orginal or did Philip make it for you??? He was suppose to be working on repoppping them and got the tooling from someone else on this sight who was trying to do so.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Try hell, I made 50 copies or so. Looks great by the way.
And your copies were the bomb! I still have the grill you made for me (in storage), I use my "crappy" original grill just for driving around, and the turn signal lenses still look as good as they day they arrived in the mail.

So, not only did those pieces look good, they have stood the test of time as well.

I hope, and I trust, that Phillip will craft the same quality pieces that you did. He's a stickler for detail, so I'm really excited to see him start turning out pieces.

Thanks again for everything you did to move this forward. The whole 4th Gen crowd owes you a debt of gratitude for taking the initiative on reproducing these awesome parts.

J

·
Registered
857 Posts
And your copies were the bomb! I still have the grill you made for me (in storage), I use my "crappy" original grill just for driving around, and the turn signal lenses still look as good as they day they arrived in the mail.

So, not only did those pieces look good, they have stood the test of time as well.

I hope, and I trust, that Phillip will craft the same quality pieces that you did. He's a stickler for detail, so I'm really excited to see him start turning out pieces.

Thanks again for everything you did to move this forward. The whole 4th Gen crowd owes you a debt of gratitude for taking the initiative on reproducing these awesome parts.

J
Thanks man! I enjoyed making every part. It felt kinda cool being able to make the 4th gen people the unobtainable parts. I'm glad philip took the initiative after I lost intrest & moved on to other projects. I really felt relieved when he picked up the tooling because I knew he'd be able to handle it. And hopefully it won't be long before I'll be calling him for some parts to help complete a Nova I bought from him.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry there 76SS didn't mean to upset you . I guess I should have went into detail more. I remember you posting something about how some people siad they wanted one and when you made the grilles for them they stuck you with them.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wasn't upset. Alot of people don't pick up on my smartass demeaner right away. :D Sorry you took it that way. I'm really pretty easy going. And I wasn't stuck with any grilles for too long, those things are HOT items

·
Registered
83 Posts
I want one too..... The only question I have is do you repop the lights too so I can change my wife's grill to an ss????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, just checking to see if you have any SS grilles and park lights. I would be interested in one with the lights.

·
Registered
265 Posts
philip sorry to hear about your mother passing. My condolences to you and yours.

on a lighter note....:rolleyes: got any ss grills?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Philip If you werent 2000 miles away Id give ya a hand bud. However If you need something and I have it.. I would be happy to ship it to ya.

I do have a 1964 283 small block complete with power pak heads sitting on a stand in my garage at the moment. I was going to do a erformance rebuild/ update on it.. but if you need parts....

·
Super Moderator
12,020 Posts
Thanks I appreciate the offer. The dampener should be done today and can be installed. While waiting on it the coolant was drained and the block flushed, the rebuilt Edelbrock water pump was installed and the slapper bars reconfigured so they run parallel with the front of the spring to stop the dragging when going into some parking lots and driveways. Should be back on the road by Saturday to cruise with the club to Scottsdale for the pre Barrett Jackson car show.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts