Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For safety purposes, I would like to convert a first generation SS amp gauge (the one that includes fuel, temp, oil and amperage), to fuel, temp, oil and voltage without losing factory fonts and appearance. I've read most of the threads, I believe, on this site regarding procedures, but have not seen a process that preserves factory appearance.

Can someone point me to someone who has done this or perhaps someone interested in converting the gauge for me?

Thanks for any help,

Rob

·
Registered
248 Posts
Member 64PRONOVA does a gauge cluster conversion. He has a volt meter conversion i the package. It looks stock. You should contact him and maybe he can help you or steer you in the direction needed to do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did send him a message after seeing his posts on the subject. Still waiting for a response. Fingers crossed he'll see the message. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,570 Posts
I was interested in doing the same thing you are and did contact him about converting my amp meter but his response was that he only does complete instruments units. They are rather pricey but look like new.

·
Premium Member
7,775 Posts
I convert the AMP gauges to Volts using two different techniques. One is to use a similar GM gauge and the other is to transplant an aftermarket gauge into the AMP gauge frame. With these I modify the mounting bracket and JB Weld the new gauge into the stock bracket so you can remove the gauge like factory.

In order to make the gauge look good though you have to re-face all of the gauges so they all match again. I have this done on an industrial machine using my own artwork. It would be lame to place a pristine gauge next to a bunch of used ones in a cluster. It sticks out like a sore thumb and looks out of place.

That's one of the reasons I only do full clusters. That and the fact that I can barely keep up with the ones I do now. Every now and then I might end up with a spare tach or other gauge that I will sell but not very often.

I'm going to be doing another batch of Supercar Gauge clusters this spring (Currently Accepting Quote Requests)

The ultimate gauge package for 1963-65 Chevy II/ Nova SS that blows all the other funky-looking aftermarket gauge clusters away... hands-down.

This is the cluster that will have the judges at the car shows scratching their heads wondering if it was some rare option or a police interceptor package.

Options as shown:
  • Voltmeter Conversion
  • 80 PSI Oil Pressure Gauge Conversion
  • 8,000 RPM Tach with Redline of Choice
  • 140 MPH Speedometer Upgrade w/New Odometer (Mileage Set To Whatever you Want)
  • All Gauge Faces Re-Screened with Correct Chevy II Font & Color Tint
  • Lifetime Warranty*

34t24ox.jpg

2w3ualg.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Those are absolutely gorgeous. I would like to get a Stewart Warner green line amp gauge converted to a voltmeter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts