Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the ss floor shifter had a boot on the underside of the shifter where the lever passes down through the floor?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yes it does but I have yet to find anyone who re-produces them for a 65 - 67. I had to make one from a Hurst 4 speed shifter boot.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at the all GM nationals at Carlisle,PA this week end and saw a shifter for sale in the flea market. The shifter had a boot on it which I thought was odd because I never saw one before.I'd like to get one for my nova to help keep the heat out of the car.Maybe I'll try making one from a hurst boot too...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Most of the ones for sale these days either have a cracked, dry rotted boot or none at all. You would think with all of the rubber parts made for these cars someone would offer new ones. I had to cut a lot of the Hurst boot off to make it work.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
If you call Wayne at NNN he will tell you what to use. I had the same question a couple of years ago and he told me the application that people are using that fits nice. Just cant remember what it was. Fits good, just need to change a couple if bolt holes in the perimeter of the boot.

I got a NOS one that is still nice and pliable :eek:

Tg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts