1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sreavis007 - 1973 SS

Year: 1973

Model: SS (not verifiable as I don't have build sheet) was originally a 307 4bl

Engine: 350 small block Stroked to 383, edlebrock carb/intake, HEI w powermaster starter, Cooling components 2500CFM electric fan w relay, aftermarket 3 core radiator w trans cooler and new lines....

Body/Exterior: Cowl hood, two tone paint, shaved turn signals, updated SS badging...

Front End: Freshened up stock... w disc brake conversion and power steering

Transmission: newly rebuilt th350 w shift kit and B&M Shifter

Rear End: 3.33 gearing, multi leaf w lakewood traction bars, air shocks w hose kit

Exhaust: headers w flowmaster mufflers ... exit over rear axle

Wheels/Tires: american racing torque thrusts, P245 60R15's BFG radial t/a's Rear, Front - P235 55R15

Interior: front racing seats covered in black tweed w flame design... rear bench covered in black tweed w flame as well....

Electrical: mostly stock... could be better

Accessories/Options:

Sound system: new kenwood head unit w ipod hookup and two 6X9 kenwood speakers in the back... still can't hear it so good :)

Additional Comments:
Currently working on getting new door handles/springs/locks working.... going to get the door panels repaired/covered in tweed similar to the seats. Needing new rear air shocks!

Looking for other Nova owners in and around the Charlotte, NC Area!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a VERY nice 73. I honestly like that better than the 2 tone 68-72's that I've seen.
Thanks guys :).... It is a head turner for sure.... There are very few of these cars in my state in general it seems. Everytime I go to a cruise-in, I tend to be the only Nova and then of course there are always 20 67-70 Camaros......

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Very Very and Very sweet looking 73' like the two tone alot, great example. Shaved markers look like the thing to do to these cars, I did it and yours looks better without them too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey saw your car at the Mooresville Cruise-in over the weekend. I was the guy with the primer 73 Hatch with my front sub-frame project. Your car looked great. Always good to see another young guy at the shows.

Michael

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey saw your car at the Mooresville Cruise-in over the weekend. I was the guy with the primer 73 Hatch with my front sub-frame project. Your car looked great. Always good to see another young guy at the shows.

Michael
I can't find your custom subframe and dash gauge console for sale on the site!! I am sure people would like both!

It was good meeting you!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can you give some wheel and tire specs? like sizes and back spacing. i love your stance!! im currently doing a 73 that i hope comes out similar.

Did you originally have bench seats?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Very nicely done.

We will have to get that one in Autofair this year.

Al

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update 10/2/09 added some nice new pics after refurbishing front grille/emblems/ bezels

·
Registered
103 Posts
wow, that looks sweeeet!!! Nicely done.

Can you give some wheel and tire specs? like sizes and back spacing. i love your stance!! im currently doing a 73 that i hope comes out similar.
x2. I also saw you posted your rear tire size. What are you running up front?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts