Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple pic's of a local car down here in Texas. The owner and driver of the car name Kyle Huettel's. Here are some pic's and a short write up on the car.

*** KYLE HUETTEL'S NEWEST "BAD 9ER"***

Author:
joe golden
[Edit] Date Posted: 23:24:35 04/25/09 Sat
I DID GET A FEW PICS OF KYLE HUETTEL'S NEWEST "BAD NINER". THIS 2006 MEGA MONSTER 870 CI GENE FULTON CAMARO IS IN THE TT5 WARS. AFTER JUST 5 PASSES THE CAMARO BUILT AND TUNED BY BURL GREEN HAS BEEN A 4.80 FLAT LIFTING EARLY!

THE GUYS WERE GOING TO MAKE MORE SHAKEDOWN PASSES TODAY BUT THE RAIN GOT US ALL. PLANS ARE TO BE BACK SUNDAY NITE AT HMP FOR MORE TESTING. I'LL GET MORE PICS TOMORROW. CHECK OUT THOSE CARBS, PURPOSE BUILT BRASWELLS, NO BLOCK OFF PLATES LIKE THE NORMAL SPLIT DOMINATORS. FULTON HAD TO WAIT ON THE CRANKSHAFTS FOR THESE MONSTER STROKE ENGINE -THE FOUNDRY DIDN'T MAKE BILLET BLOCKS OF STEEL BIG ENOUGH TO CUT THE CRANKS FROM!

870 CUBIC INCHES IS 1600 HP, ALL MOTOR -THEN THERE IS 4 KITS WAITING ON THEM TURBOS!! COULD THIS BE THE NITROUS MACHINE TO STOP THEM TURBO'S COLD IN THEIR TRACKS????

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
wow 870 ci. more plumbing than ladder bars house . should run pretty darn good if you ask me although i think the plumbing is a tad over kill hope the toilet doesnt clog

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow 870 ci. more plumbing than ladder bars house . should run pretty darn good if you ask me although i think the plumbing is a tad over kill hope the toilet doesnt clog
The guy who own's this is just plain crazy. I mean all that HP on such a small tire is just crazy.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
yep small tire cars are really fun to watch anything going mid 8s to low 7s on a small tire is a handfull to drive and a blast to watch motor arches at 9000 and the driver is peddleing all the way down

·
Registered
89 Posts
are there any web-forums dedicated to (or that have more info on) these 9 inch tire monsters?

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The fastest pass ever on a 33x10.5w is [email protected] by Tim Lynch.
Yea but if I am not mistaken that is not a True Ten & 1/2 tire. Which this car is a True Ten & 1/2 car. These trier's are a little smaller than 33x10.5W. Don't get me wrong 6.49 is flat out HAULING BUT! I know I will never have enough money to go that fast.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought KYLE HUETTEL'S new Camaro was wearing a size 9 shoe?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yea but if I am not mistaken that is not a True Ten & 1/2 tire. Which this car is a True Ten & 1/2 car. These trier's are a little smaller than 33x10.5W. Don't get me wrong 6.49 is flat out HAULING BUT! I know I will never have enough money to go that fast.

Sorry, if thats true my bad. That is a small tire. Good luck to him. As far as having enough money that makes two of us!:(

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It's definitely cool...But the baby pro mod aka 10.5 cars just don't do it for me anymore. Drag Radial used to be my favorite class but now I don't even care anymore...They're baby pro mods as well.

I like 10.5 cars from 2001/2002, when I was growing up at the track...REAL square tube backhalf cars (b pillar back) with ladder bars and some 4 links...Most had short deck BBC's on spray, few had 632's with Big Chiefs/Pontiacs but if you did you were the man. They were going 8.0's-7.80s and it was just a blast to watch. I miss those cars the most..

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well for me I love this class. Also my diesel Mech. run's in(If I remember the class name right)XTF Outlaw 10 class. He said his best so far has been a 4.15 in the 1/8 mile. I think this is the same class that Tim Lynch run's in. But like I said I not real sure on the name of the class. For any of you guy's who follow this class.........My diesel mech name is Todd Moyer.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
well for me I love this class. Also my diesel Mech. run's in(If I remember the class name right)XTF Outlaw 10 class. He said his best so far has been a 4.15 in the 1/8 mile. I think this is the same class that Tim Lynch run's in. But like I said I not real sure on the name of the class. For any of you guy's who follow this class.........My diesel mech name is Todd Moyer.

Todd Moyer is a big name in the Outlaw 10.5 racing world. XTF is correct...Stands for Extreme Ten Five, ADRL is the organization that it's from. XTF has basically no rules besides 10.5w tires...So you can legitimately run a Pro Mod with 10.5 tires..

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea the last time I had my truck in his shop. He was leaving for Atlanta for a race with a brand new car. He unfortunately destroyed his Fire bird 2 1/2 week's prior to that. He bought Cavalier and threw his motor in it. Unfortunately he ended up braking his Liberty tran's on his 4 pass at Atlanta. I like talking to Todd every time I go to his shop. He is the nicest person you will ever meet. He loves to talk about Drag racing

1 - 20 of 27 Posts