Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Viking coil over spring has the numbers 10TP350 on them. Is this the spring rate and is this the current springs being sold. I thought I read that CBR had changed the rate?

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Yes, that is the 350 lbs spring. I have a set of 450's if you want to step up.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Hopefully one of the CBR guys will chime in, but I am pretty sure they went from the 450 down to the 350 as the "standard" setup. Viking shows the 350 for street performance with a small block, 450 is "Pro Touring".

·
6,399 Posts
I can barely bounce my front end now, 450's would be worse. Is 350 the current shock rating for a small block 67?
You may have the compression and/or rebound knob(s) dialed too high. Reduce the setting to zero and try moving the suspension up and down. turn the knobs back if the suspension now moves. Then drive it to see if the compression or rebound need tweaking to your liking. I have mine at +2 on rebound and +4 on compression. Easy to experiment the different settings. I can reach in and adjust the setting without jacking up the car.
Are the control arms CBR too? If not, and you have stock control arms, there is a chance the arm bushings were tightened with the car jacked up and the wheels off the ground which could be a problem.
I wouldn't hesitate to talk to CBR if you can't get the ride quality to your liking. They are helpful people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts