Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so with the current economic crisis, do you guys think carlisle will still be packed? wonder if it wil be worth going:confused:

·
Registered
469 Posts
i don't know.i went there for the all GM show last summer and it was about 1/2 the size because the gas was at $4.00 a gallon.i hate to think what this year will bring.at least gas is back to $2.05 a gallon for now.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hi,
I'm going anyway, just to see if prices are down a lot or not. I hope parts come down in price!!!
Ken

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm sure it will be be good.Cowtown was good last week and it rained on and off all day.Parts prices coming down? Why would they? You either have money to spend or you don't.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'd say go for it. I only live about 5 minutes away so I always go to see what's going on. I went last spring when gas prices were up and there was a good turnout I got about 1/2 of the parts I needed. I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced set of Rallys.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Everytime I go there are tons of people everywhere.....................my favorite place to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm driving down from CT with a buddy Friday morning, and meeting my Dad, three uncles, and my little brother who are all driving up from NC for the weekend. They have a camper and we're taking a tent and some sleeping bags and staying at the Western Village RV park for the weekend. I'm probably not spending money, but will have a great time hanging out with the family at the show all weekend!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Spring Carlisle

I am going Saturday.I am as curious as everyone else to see what the crowd is like and how the prices.Maybe some of the vendor's will be willing to take an offer instead of taking the stuff home.Good luck in your hunting to everyone....

·
Registered
597 Posts
If the show in Charlotte a few weeks ago is any indication of the crowd levels, it should be packed. I'm really not sure how the prices were, as I only bought a few pieces for the 53 truck I'm building, but everywhere I looked people were carrying loads of newly acquired goods around. I can't wait, haven't been there since 2003.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Packed!!

Ok...I just got back from Carlisle! :yes: Man it was packed with people.

Not many 66-67 parts or much of any Nova parts. Was hot in the after noon but was a great show!! :D

Spent only $200......$17.00 in tolls, $10 to park and $10 to get in before I bought anything! :rolleyes:

I got to meet a fellow member there!! Chip Beck was hanging out with friends and was pleasent to meet. I was with a friend that I kept loosing all day and had to scoot! :D Sorry Chip!! All in All a great day to hang and look at tons of RUSTY parts. :yes: :D

Oh....I received a nice red color on the back of my neck! :devil:

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
I too was there, Friends picked me up at 4:30 am and I got back home at 9 pm,Didn't see anyone sorry, Did see Joe Grom from Chevy2only and a couple First chapter NNN members but I was on a mission to find something, And we did.And as far as The swap meet goes looked like same ole Carlasle with people and parts going every which way,Hope those selling did good

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I too was there, Friends picked me up at 4:30 am and I got back home at 9 pm,Didn't see anyone sorry, Did see Joe Grom from Chevy2only and a couple First chapter NNN members but I was on a mission to find something, And we did.And as far as The swap meet goes looked like same ole Carlasle with people and parts going every which way,Hope those selling did good
Bruce: Were there many 4th gen parts?
Jay.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bruce: Were there many 4th gen parts?
Jay.
My son and I were there for 5 1/2 hours and walked just about everywhere. Didn't see much in the 4th gen area. We tried to find a hood to cowl weatherstrip from a vendor who has everything and also at J&W Novas. No one had it. Then I walked into a Camaro parts vendor and the strip from a '69is identical (just 4 inches too short). Pays to walk, look around try everything, sometimes you get lucky.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
I didn't see nothing 4th gen either, I just go to hang withj some friends cause I know 4th gens are lost in those places,But there was a deal in the car coral, 79 Rally, Black with rallys and a 4 speed, Low mileage Car and a one owner from New York, Saw the car at Syrascuse a few years ago, He was asking 12 thousand for it

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Ok...I just got back from Carlisle! :yes: Man it was packed with people.

Not many 66-67 parts or much of any Nova parts. Was hot in the after noon but was a great show!! :D

Spent only $200......$17.00 in tolls, $10 to park and $10 to get in before I bought anything! :rolleyes:

I got to meet a fellow member there!! Chip Beck was hanging out with friends and was pleasent to meet. I was with a friend that I kept loosing all day and had to scoot! :D Sorry Chip!! All in All a great day to hang and look at tons of RUSTY parts. :yes: :D

Oh....I received a nice red color on the back of my neck! :devil:

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Hey Dave

Nice to have met you.

We have three spots at Spring Carlisle; we have been selling parts there for over twenty years. The crowds and the buying went well Thusday, Friday, Saturday. About the same size crowds each day as in years past.

I sold only 2 Nova items a 4-speed console, and a 3230 carb; but sold alot of Corvette goodies.

Chip

·
Registered
597 Posts
Went down from CT, and had a blast all weekend! Found a bunch of stuff that I needed for the 53 Chevy truck I'm working on, and walked forever. The weather was awesome, I like it warm, but hate the humidity that comes with it on the coast of CT. The campsite was awesome, friends and family just sitting back, grilling, chatting and farting around a fire was one of the best weekends I've had in years. The show had a bunch of stuff that I never see at the Charlotte show, the amount of NOS parts was insane, I can't afford it, but still love to just see it sometimes. All in all, a great time.
Dan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts