Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone going to fontana this weekend for the psca event i will be there running the nova in trophy class :yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to get the car ready. Hopefully i'll be there all 3 days but if not i'll be there on sat and sunday. I'm thinking of doing the open comp class.
hey i walked into your pit today (friday ) im the gray primered nova my car number is trophy 18 oh and the car has a black hood

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my nova ran decent today ran consitant 12.20 @ 111 i got new tires 255/60/15 mt et street drag radials still working on my 60ftrs (1.74) im running 7.89 to 7.75 in the 1/8 th its there just need to find it may tomorrow trying to dip int the 11.90s on the motor before the weekend :yes:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
hey i walked into your pit today (friday ) im the gray primered nova my car number is trophy 18 oh and the car has a black hood

Is that you about 3 isles west of me? I think i know which primered car your talking about. I'll walk up and say hey tomorrow.

my nova ran decent today ran consitant 12.20 @ 111 i got new tires 255/60/15 mt et street drag radials still working on my 60ftrs (1.74) im running 7.89 to 7.75 in the 1/8 th its there just need to find it may tomorrow trying to dip int the 11.90s on the motor before the weekend

Yea i've been trying to work some electrical issues out on my car. My first run was an [email protected] We took the exhaust off and ran slower [email protected] so we put the exhaust back on and after the huge oil down i got a best 3rd run of [email protected] I'm still 2 tenths off my fastest at Irwindale. We'll see how it does tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hope to meet you guys sunday, any special cars to look for??or Names?/or:turn:
hey my name is jim nelson i drive a gray primered 63 nova ss with a black hood trophy 18 is my car number and elvis5 is in trophy 100 his car is a blue 65 he is maybe three isles away from me :yes:

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Thanks

Nice meeting and talking to you guys (chevy2heavy & evil65), nice day at the track, also don't know if Art (evil65) made it all way. so far here's some raw video of both cars.:yes:
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/germanb43/?action=view&current=MVI_1861.flv
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/germanb43/?action=view&current=MVI_1869.flv
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t309/germanb43/?action=view&current=MVI_1859.flv
Until next time....:D
It was nice meeting you too man. Thanks for putting up a video, that was cool :thumbsup:. I ended up going into the final eight, not bad for being my first bracket race in over 6 years.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i didnt do to good i went out first round. i lost to a blown 63 nova in the same class still getting used to bracket racing its only my second time doing this i bought back into second round thought there was curtisy staging the lit both beams the starter pulled me in and i red light and gave it to him oh well maybe next time :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Art, getting some daylight under the tire, nice! :yes::yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cool pic art my father bought a cool pic of me roasting the new tires i will see if he will email it to me so i can put it on my photobucket list and show all of you :yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts