Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to which spray/mist detailer is everyone's favorite?

Its time to buy some, so just looking for opinions. Thank you!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I don't know which one is best but I'd avoid those that contains silicone. It you ever need paint work that stuff can cause catastrophic fisheyes and is very hard to completely remove before paint.
I believe one of the Mothers products is silicone-free.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
detailer

I have used Mothers for years I also use Griot's griotsgarage.com
they have top end products!! their head office is located only few miles away from me.
I have never waxed this car only polished it with Griot's products. paint is twenty years old

·
Registered
54 Posts
Detailing

Check out Autogeek.com for their options and detailing topics . Some of their stuff can be pretty $$ but they have lots of detailing tips etc. I use several different products from Adams, Blackfire , Wolfgang and Surf City Garage on the West Coast.
There are as many choices as their are opinions.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Optimum No Rinse. You can dilute it down to a quick detailer, clay lube, use it for rinseless washes, etc. Genuinely the best product I've tried or used to date, and I've tried quite a few of them.

A 32oz bottle will dilute down to 4 gallons of product, for reference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have used Mothers for years I also use Griot's griotsgarage.com
they have top end products!! their head office is located only few miles away from me.
I have never waxed this car only polished it with Griot's products. paint is twenty years old
Lucky for you to have a very close shop with nice stuff. Been using Mothers as well, Meguiars been doing good also.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know which one is best but I'd avoid those that contains silicone. It you ever need paint work that stuff can cause catastrophic fisheyes and is very hard to completely remove before paint.
I believe one of the Mothers products is silicone-free.
Thank you for the info. I wouldn't have thought of that.

I appreciate all the comments and experience that you all have shared.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have been using Chemical Guys products for a few years now and have been very happy with them.
Their wash mitt and wash sponge with a clay coating are especially nice to use for washing and detailing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Meguiars Last Touch, $21 for gallon at Amazon. Or Meguiars Xpress Spray Wax, $28 gallon. Im a detailer and use both. Last touch offers no wax protection but its excellent for finger prints and dust on any surface. Xpress Wax leaves a light coat of wax behind (only good for about a week). I wash my Camry every 2 to 3 month even tho I drive 65 miles daily, I just wipe it down with either spray every day or two and my car looks detailed 24/7.
20190528_214506.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts