Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was walking down a street with my friends today when i spotted this sweet 1st genner!!

It looks like its been sitting a LONG time and Its got some front end damage but it doesn't look like it even made it to the radiator support so its all pretty easily fixable..I am trying to talk my dad into going over there to check it out and see if the owners are interested in selling it.

we don't have money right now but you never know until you ask!:yes:

I will get more pics later this week!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Hope it turns out to be in good shape and you guys can pick it up! Good luck and keep us posted.

-Justin

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like a 63 Hardtop maybe??? Thats a pretty scenic area its located in, not used to that here in PA, too many trees. Please keep us posted!!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update!
I stopped by the other day. No sale :no:
The old man doesn't want to let it go.

The sad part of the matter is he also had a c10 truck there too that was completely rotted out so i doubt this one will ever get started.

its sad to see this thing be left like this. I am determined to get it though

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to stop by this weekend again and talk to the guy personally (last time i got his wife) I will be leaving my card and telling him I am VERY interested in it.

It would be a FUN street/strip car :devil:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
First off, Im jealous, Morro Bay. I love that town.. But, just as much as its a great place to live it will eat cars up. There must be salt in the air. I love that town!!

What a shame he isnt willing to let a guy take her and put her back on the road. Unfortunately she will sit there for years getting an uncontrollable rust factor.

And really I dont get it. I see the same thing here. I have parked my motorhome next to a VW bus, a real early model. I dont know much about them but it was looking pretty nice when I started parking there maybe 10 years ago. It has a rag top. So year after year the top was getting worse and they ended up putting a blue tarp over it. Well that just made things worse, started rusting from the inside too. And its gonna be nuthing soon. The sad part is everyone I talk to at the rental yard says they have offered this woman reasonable money for the car. She wont sell it!! It was her dads and there is sentimental value.. The kicker?? She is paying 100 bucks a month to store it there. And its been there for the ten years I have been there. I just dont get it.. People and their cars....JR

·
Registered
49 Posts
What a shame, that is a really nice 64' hardtop. The front end damage looks like its fixable, just a new driver's side fender, a hood, a bumper, and a grill is all it needs in the front, looks like a really nice project, definatly too nice to waste away in that field!!! :(

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
First off, Im jealous, Morro Bay. I love that town.. But, just as much as its a great place to live it will eat cars up. There must be salt in the air. I love that town!!

What a shame he isnt willing to let a guy take her and put her back on the road. Unfortunately she will sit there for years getting an uncontrollable rust factor.

And really I dont get it. I see the same thing here. I have parked my motorhome next to a VW bus, a real early model. I dont know much about them but it was looking pretty nice when I started parking there maybe 10 years ago. It has a rag top. So year after year the top was getting worse and they ended up putting a blue tarp over it. Well that just made things worse, started rusting from the inside too. And its gonna be nuthing soon. The sad part is everyone I talk to at the rental yard says they have offered this woman reasonable money for the car. She wont sell it!! It was her dads and there is sentimental value.. The kicker?? She is paying 100 bucks a month to store it there. And its been there for the ten years I have been there. I just dont get it.. People and their cars....JR
I know memories are precious but $12k and growing! wow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts