Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have bad news.....after rebuilding my engine..I proceeded with break in...All went well...After driving a few time's I noticed a spot of oil about the size of a quarter on the drive....looking up I see a drop of oil hanging from the bottom of the bellhousing.....Uh oh....When I installed the rear seal I made sure it was offset about 3/8 - 1/2 inch, I also made sure that it had assembly lube before I installed the crank...I really can't see up by where the oil pan gasket is..Any thoughts ??

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sounds like the same problem my dad is having with his BB in his 72. We can see where its coming out at and are going to try and put some type of selant on it since we dont want to pull the motor and replace the main seal.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove it up on ramps and was able to crawl under with a flashlight...I couldn't tell if it was the oil pan or not...I know the drop of oil is on the bellhousing cover..not the oil pan...This might be a good thing...If it's just the oil pan gasket...I can do it from under the car....I DON'T WANT TO PULL THE ENGINE.....:eek::eek::eek:....I don't want to pull the oil pan either but I'll take that anyday over pulling the engine...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts