Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am a new guy around here and have done a lot of searching on rear suspension and I am still undecided. I have been looking into the Calvert split monos, bars and Rancho's. I can't really find anything about how they ride/perform on the street. I have a 1974, and want a very high performance street and occasional strip car. I don't care about a plush comfy street ride, but do the calverts and ranchos do well in a street situation? Would multi leafs and Cal trac bars be better than having the split monos. I have seen plenty of sick fast cars at the track with the split monos, but noone can tell me how they do on the way to the track.

My Nova is a bone stock, non running project. I want to start at the bottom and work my way up.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have the split mono and rancho combination and I drive to and from to the track on a combination of highway and back country roads.

It rides fine but is a little more bumpy than the multi leaf I had before. Not all that bad. And before the multi leaf I had old worn out monos that were the worst of the three. Multi leaf gave a nice smooth ride.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
WELCOME TO SNS! :yes:

Calvert Split monos 225# with a 2 inch drop, with Affco sliders, Caltrac bars, Ranchos and there front 90/10's on my 73.

No MAJOR (not the smoothest) issues at all on the street, my car is tagged, insured, and driven on the street, not as much as i used to drive it, but it is driven. Now it is more of a track car every friday night.

I am glad I chose to install the Calvert Products, when I was in the same situation you are in now. I would do it again on any next car/build!

As stated before, there are SMOOTHER options for the street, but in my opinion for a street/strip car, some sacrifice is going to be worth it for the track.

Good Luck with your choice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I don't really care for a smooth ride, but I do want it to handle decent (turning or lateral movement), but it won't be a canyon carver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts