Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6,523 Posts
It's hard to say how many may still be out there. I think that these might have a higher attrition rate than say a Camaro or a Chevelle.

When I get the chance I google around and find some now and then for sale or in auctions and copy what I can for possible future use.

You have to wonder too how many might have been reworked and they lost model specific things like the horn button center, the decals due to a repaint, swapping of interior paneling due to the plastic disintegrating, and who knows what else. When I see just things like an SOA Nova horn button I have to wonder if the car was scrapped or rebuilt differently and it lost it's SOA identity.

I bought my first SOA to rebuild and a second strictly for donor parts so out of those two only one is still around. The first one was a solid car but the second was to me just too far gone to really save.

Who knows, there may be a bunch of them still around but since there are hardly any reproduction parts a person either has to find an untouched original or scrounge for replacement parts. I know I have been collecting parts for mine for over 10 years and still need things.

I do remember seeing one locally a few years ago not even 3 miles from where I live and after talking with the owner he didn't get it out much.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
There was one being parted out in Dayto, Ohio a few weeks ago. It was really low mileage car that was very rusty and really beyond repair.

·
Registered
761 Posts
There was one being parted out in Dayto, Ohio a few weeks ago. It was really low mileage car that was very rusty and really beyond repair.
Saw that one. There was also one on ebay a while back in really rough condition. Somebody posted the link on here.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
they had like 1 of them out this way awhile back at a yard ( the owner was re doing 1 of them and use the two others as parts ) :eek:

he always complained about the car tho ....

but after the party WE ( 2005 hurricane we had and will be looking for volunteers for the next one ), they were like gone ....

im hoping that they were saved but knowing the result of most of the car(s) at the yard(s) this way .... im fearing the worst of their fate :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts