Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my SOA this morning with the rally wheels and tires. I started on Sept. 29th, 2008, it only took me 6 1/2 months. Not bad huh? I rebuilt the numbers matching 350 motor and TH350 tranny. Did body and paint to factory specs and color, refreshed and replaced all the interior pieces with a new dash, visors, headliner, and carpeting. New front-end, refreshed rear-end. New vinyl top, and stripes. Also rechromed the original bumpers. Enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Chevy put out three "Spirit of America" edition cars for their 1974 line-up. Aside from the Custom Hatchback Nova, there was the Impala Sport Coupe and a Hatchback Vega - all with similarly styled trim.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Beautiful SOA

All I can say is you must be a young'n, being over 60 means it takes me 3 times as long as it did at 40.
That is a fantastic job on a car I have always liked. I owned two of them over the years and just didn't have the ambition to restore one. So many one off pieces and only used parts to choose from. I totally love the white and red interior theme. The last one I had was a 350 and I loved to drive it. One of the best driving cars I've owned.

The SOA option did not include a drivetrain so there were a number of them with lesser engine options but the 350/350 turbo combo was the best driver and mine had the console and floor shift.
Enjoy it and thanks for saving one of the special Novas.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank You Very Much for the comments. I am proud of it and I will be driving it alot and enjoying it along with my wife at car shows. Here's a few pics of the resto and what it looked like in the beginning. Thanks again everyone, only the Nova guys (you) can really appreciate the SOA.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.