Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my SOA this morning with the rally wheels and tires. I started on Sept. 29th, 2008, it only took me 6 1/2 months. Not bad huh? I rebuilt the numbers matching 350 motor and TH350 tranny. Did body and paint to factory specs and color, refreshed and replaced all the interior pieces with a new dash, visors, headliner, and carpeting. New front-end, refreshed rear-end. New vinyl top, and stripes. Also rechromed the original bumpers. Enjoy the pics.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
That look great!!You should be proud!!That is a rare nova you've got there!I've never seen one in person!bm

·
Registered
186 Posts
That look great!!You should be proud!!That is a rare nova you've got there!I've never seen one in person!bm
Me neither. Love the look of them though. Yours especially looks top notch. Very nice job.

Do you have any pictures of the interior hatch?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Chevy put out three "Spirit of America" edition cars for their 1974 line-up. Aside from the Custom Hatchback Nova, there was the Impala Sport Coupe and a Hatchback Vega - all with similarly styled trim.

·
13,722 Posts
Great job! That's a beautiful, rare car. It's got to be very satisfying to have done it in that short time frame and have such a super result.

Bob

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Awesome job. That car looks amazing. You should be proud, now get out there and put some miles on her!

Tiny

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Beautiful SOA

All I can say is you must be a young'n, being over 60 means it takes me 3 times as long as it did at 40.
That is a fantastic job on a car I have always liked. I owned two of them over the years and just didn't have the ambition to restore one. So many one off pieces and only used parts to choose from. I totally love the white and red interior theme. The last one I had was a 350 and I loved to drive it. One of the best driving cars I've owned.

The SOA option did not include a drivetrain so there were a number of them with lesser engine options but the 350/350 turbo combo was the best driver and mine had the console and floor shift.
Enjoy it and thanks for saving one of the special Novas.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Nice car! I remember them when I worked at the chevy dealer. You did a nice job!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me neither. Love the look of them though. Yours especially looks top notch. Very nice job.

Do you have any pictures of the interior hatch?
Here you go, the only thing I didn't do yet is the boots for the hatch shocks. I'll have to custom make those, not sure what to use.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Very nice indeed!!!!!!!!! I almost bought one before mine but it was on a lot for $2000 back in 93' and was trashed so i past it up, i didnt know anything about them but i new they were special. i Salute you for such a nice job!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank You Very Much for the comments. I am proud of it and I will be driving it alot and enjoying it along with my wife at car shows. Here's a few pics of the resto and what it looked like in the beginning. Thanks again everyone, only the Nova guys (you) can really appreciate the SOA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gordon, nice meeting you the other night. great job on your new SOA Nova!!!!!!! Looks better than showroom condition. see ya in da streets. Zackly

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Great job on the resto!:yes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts