Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I appreciate all of the previous info in guiding me to the right spark plugs. Now I need to know what everyone thinks about spin-on oil filters. I used to use a AC Delco PF25. No longer available! Now what? A PF 1218 looks similar, but it has a drainback valve. Is that OK? I don't want a small oil filter on my new street/strip engine, like the PF454 replacement for the PF25. I could just start to look at a Moroso Racing filter, but I will be using this engine mostly on the street with an occasional run down the quarter mile. Next questions will be about fuel filtration and cooling fan (mechanical or electric).
Mark

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
^^x2 wixx, napa gold, k&n, and dare I say it motorcraft. I've seen cutaways of these and there the best. AVOID phram!!! There's plenty of write ups on how to use tarus fans maybe someonencan link that for u I can't find any right now

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
^^x2 wixx, napa gold, k&n, and dare I say it motorcraft. I've seen cutaways of these and there the best. AVOID phram!!! There's plenty of write ups on how to use tarus fans maybe someonencan link that for u I can't find any right now
im running a phram as we speak :eek: i want to get a k&n is that napa gold pretty cheap

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
im running a phram as we speak :eek: i want to get a k&n is that napa gold pretty cheap
Yeah the phrams tend to fall appart due to there crappy materials. The center tube in the middle is actually cardboard :eek: Oil filter is not something to cheap out on. I would recommend the motorcraft there only like 2 or 3 bucks and you can pick them up at autozone for any application. I have a K&N it was $12

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
YOUR OPTIONS

left is a Napa 4061 (WIX 54061)
Right is a Napa 4069 (Wix 54069) IE: identical to a PF25

Left to right POS Fram PH30 (reference size to AC PF25)
AC Delco PF 2232
Ac Delco PF 1218
AC Delco PF454

Note: Click on pics to make larger!

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Taurus Fan info is in the Best of Powertrain Archive.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
FYI the AcDelco filters are now made by a different contractor and have gone down hill.

Napa Gold
Wix
K&N
Mobil 1
Purolator
Motorcraft

These are some of the best on the market right now

Napa gold and wix are the same filters painted differently

K&N and Mobil 1 filters are the same painted different and the K&N has a 1" nut on the end

Purolator and motorcraft are the same filters

1 - 15 of 15 Posts