Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone know where to find a speedo that is over 100mph reto to the original guage pkg. Also looking for dash trim that holds the speedo one that dosen't have the radio insert butchered.
Would also like to get any ideas on a console exchange??? or how to upgrade to a B&M or Hust trans lock auto 3sp shifter.
As you know the original console is tapered and not very wide. I am not looking forward to trying to mickey mouse to try and retain the originality of the console. FYI pre owner already cut 2 holes in the far end to house H2O and oil psi guages. Any ideas ??????? Maybe a SS console from another gen. or camaro???HELP

·
Registered
359 Posts
i believe that if you want an original speedo that goes over 100 mph you have to locate a police modified car, there are some out there, but im sure it won't be an eaasy find.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Dose anyone know where to find a speedo that is over 100mph reto to the original guage pkg.
What year, 1976-76 or 1977-79?

Would also like to get any ideas on a console exchange??? or how to upgrade to a B&M or Hust trans lock auto 3sp shifter.
As you know the original console is tapered and not very wide. I am not looking forward to trying to mickey mouse to try and retain the originality of the console. FYI pre owner already cut 2 holes in the far end to house H2O and oil psi guages. Any ideas ??????? Maybe a SS console from another gen. or camaro???HELP
Here's what I did with mine:

Hurst ProMatic2 shifter and an AutoMeter pannel and gauges that fit the factory location.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts