Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what length speedo is needed for a 1st gen with a 700r4?

Thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok. The problem is I don’t even have the original one. I’ll just pick up a new one at CI

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
cable size

I know this is a little off topic but maybe you have a suggestion.
I've got the stock cable from my '74 to a 2004r. Added a module to control lock up. Have NEVER had an accurate speedo. ARG!!!!!!!!
The trans shop has physically removed the rear cover and counted teeth. replaced the speedo drive, changed out gear sets in the trans for the speedo to 10 and 13. I sent the head out to be rebuilt two years back. Can't remember who. Didn't like them anyway. I'm still 20 MPH slow. Sared of bears.
Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does having an inaccurate speed marker also give you an inaccurate milage marker?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I know this is a little off topic but maybe you have a suggestion.
I've got the stock cable from my '74 to a 2004r. Added a module to control lock up. Have NEVER had an accurate speedo. ARG!!!!!!!!
The trans shop has physically removed the rear cover and counted teeth. replaced the speedo drive, changed out gear sets in the trans for the speedo to 10 and 13. I sent the head out to be rebuilt two years back. Can't remember who. Didn't like them anyway. I'm still 20 MPH slow. Sared of bears.
Any help or suggestions?
20 mph is a pretty big numder to be off by..
Have you changed your differential gears?
What diff gears did the 200 4R donor car have?
How does your rear tire size compare to the 200 4Rs original tire sizes..?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts