Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '72 Nova with a Borg Warner T-10 four speed. I need a speedometer cable but can't seem to find out what length I need. The car didn't have one when I got it. I have found multiple lengths listed in various catalogs but I'm not sure what I need.
Also I need some help getting the right gear for the trans. I'm running a 3:42 rear end gear. The trans is out of a mid 70's Trans-Am with an iron case. I'm not sure about the ratios or if it even matters.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone come across a fix for this? Rockauto has a few different speedo cable lengths but aside from ordering one of each I'm coming up empty handed searching for a lower cable. Maybe a transam/camaro lower cable from the late 70's?

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Cable and housing? Or just the cable. If it's just the cable a "universal" kit usually works, you cut it to length. If it's cable and housing, then you could measure from the dash to the firewall, the use a length of semi stiff hose from the firewall to the tranny using some longish bends and measure the distance you use. This should get you close enough to make a decision on which length to order.
For the speedo gear, try calling Randys Ring and Pinion. They may be able to help. They do gearing changes every day and were very helpful for me.
Btw, I did a double look when I saw speedo cable....first thought was bathing suit......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts