Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a th350 in my '66 that slowly leaks out of the speedo cable at the transmission end. I know it can be fixed but I don't want the speedo anymore. I always have my GPS in the car which is far more accurate anyway. My question is, is there some kind of delete kit or fitting that I can put where the cable goes into the transmission to block it off?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mic the outside diameter of the speedo gear bullit take the measurement to your local automotive parts house and see if you can find a freeze out plug a few thousands larger to plug the hole. But then again for about 12 bucks you can buy a new speedo bullit with new seals already installed and fix the leak issue and still have a operating speedo.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I might give that a shot. I don't really care about the speedo because there are other issuse with the needle itself. I have never seen this before but the needle is too long for the gauge. It hits the top of the gauge at 40 mph and won't go full range of motion. Not really interested in pulling all that apart to fix it, so I figure I'll just disconnect it for the time being. Eventually will be converting everything to modern gauges anyway,Sony really concerned for now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts