Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Nova resource has no info on this. Never seen one. The one on my 67 is completely different.

Anyone has one of those?

Cheers,

Pierre

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
RPO-U15 Speed warning indicator. I know they existed in 1967 but I don't have production numbers (or proof they existed) for 1963-65. That doesn't mean they didn't, just that I have no documented proof.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Man you guys got tricked !! I know that is for sure a chevy Bread delivery truck cluster , They had the speed warning for the drivers to keep the speed down , I know its of those big bread truck that delivered to grocery stores .. I taken a few off from bone yards.... The nova style instrument clusters where used for decade on some of them trucks !!! FYI :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My Nova doesn't having a "speed warning indicator" but I think my daily driver does. It seems like anytime it goes over the posted speed limit, a blue light flashes in the rearview mirror. :( Never see that in my Nova though. Strange.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ahhh thats a funny one......This guy is FROM MANTECA california. Thats the first time i have heard of this one.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
novajoe said:
Blue light from the Highway patrol:eek:

just kidding ;)
Actually, the correct answer was County or City PD. But thanks for playing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
68 ss with a speed warning indicator

I have one in my 68 ss. a little knob on the bottom of the dash that turns a lever in the speedo and makes an awefull sound if you go over it... does any one want a pic? [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts