Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What heat range plugs should i run? Mainly track car but it is streetable! Any ideas on heat range and brand of a plug that will last? Car has a mild cam,holley dp,heads and aftermarket intake! And what fuel pressure should I be running? :confused:Thanks

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
What cylinder heads? Tapered seat or gasket type plugs? .708", .750", or .450" reach?
The actual heat range will be effected by your entire combination.:yes: Compression, cam specs, piston design, deck height (quench/squish), etc... But the cylinder head manufacturer will generally have a recommendation that will be pretty close. :yes:

Fuel pressure is easy. I usually run between 6.5 and 7 pounds depending on the amount of pressure drop on the launch and on the big end (long hard load)..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What cylinder heads? Tapered seat or gasket type plugs? .708", .750", or .450" reach?
The actual heat range will be effected by your entire combination.:yes: Compression, cam specs, piston design, deck height (quench/squish), etc... But the cylinder head manufacturer will generally have a recommendation that will be pretty close. :yes:

Fuel pressure is easy. I usually run between 6.5 and 7 pounds depending on the amount of pressure drop on the launch and on the big end (long hard load)..
Its non gasket type plugs,with stock heads with a pocket port job!I'm trying to figure out if I need a hot plug or a cold plug?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Its non gasket type plugs,with stock heads with a pocket port job!I'm trying to figure out if I need a hot plug or a cold plug?
How much compression? What fuel?
AC R45ts is the stock replacement, AC r44ts is one step colder if your compression is over 10:1 (which I doubt)..
The NGK V-Power replacement (UR-5 stock # 2771) is what I normally use for milder applications and is a bit shorter overall to help with plug boot issues on headers.:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I dont have any pugs- besides Im not much of a dog person...:no:;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts