Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a gearwrench Pass Thru Gear Wrench Socket set.
Other brands have these pass threw sets also. Craftsman etc.

And it the best wrench for plugs ever! IMHO!!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts

Al,
I love this wrench also!
I bought this initially for the #5 plug with tight header clearance and it has already paid for itself! :yes:
I got the craftsman brand.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts

I have the same gearwrench ratchet and it is the BEST spark plug wrench ever. Been using it for a couple of years now as I has made plug changes sooo mych easier!!!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I'm able to get all my plugs with a Snap-on flex head, 1" extension and or knurled thumb extension. For reinstall you can't beat an old straight plug boot.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've never used anything fancy, just normal wrenches and sockets.

But sometimes I have a little trouble with #6 I think it was, so this might come in handy.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Craftsman plug socket cut down to do the same thing along with a ratchet wrench. :yes:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
HA! I wish mine were that accessible. #5 on drivers bank is a little tight, but #6 on passenger side is impossible. Takes an open end to get it. #8 takes an open end angled from the top as much as possible, and a crescent to turn the open end.

My next build will definitely have different headers. Of course my next build plan is to shoehorn a 572 in, so . . . . . .

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I use a spark plug socket ground down to the bare minimum and an offset box wrench,but that gearwrench set up looks like the one to have. Too many tools is only a problem when you don't put them away.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I had an offset boxend that was perfect for my old headers--then some POS stole my tools at the track! Never been able to find another one with the same offset.
My current headers can use a socket on some plugs, but I'm so used to doing it with a boxend, I rarely think about using one. It only takes a few minutes to change them, so it's not a big deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts