Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was just curious on what would cause a plug to turn yellow on the tip but its brown down low this is only # 4 plug thats doing this the car runs great i was just curious

·
Registered
139 Posts
spark plug

Well that all depends on what it looks like. If it is cauliflowery yes maybe but most likely oil caking and burn to the electrode but if it is just yellow in color with no extra garbage then usually it is a quick rise in the combustion chamber cause the normal deposits of carbon to glaze to the plug...this can cause misfiring if too much is built up. This happens because of quick hard accelerations... hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that all depends on what it looks like. If it is cauliflowery yes maybe but most likely oil caking and burn to the electrode but if it is just yellow in color with no extra garbage then usually it is a quick rise in the combustion chamber cause the normal deposits of carbon to glaze to the plug...this can cause misfiring if too much is built up. This happens because of quick hard accelerations... hope this helps.
im with you there i use my car for drag racing id say its 20% street and 80% track i dont think i have a coolant leak wouldnt the coolint turn milky color and the car run hot............. is there a way to fix this problem , should i be worried , was going to put a fresh pair of plugs in at the track on monday and get a better reading of what my motor is doing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts